Manager, Maintenance and IT Support Fulfillment Center - Allentown
- Monday - Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
- Oversees the maintenance and repair function of all Micro Fulfillment Center (MFC) material handling equipment, machinery, electrical and power systems, control systems, conveyance and building systems to assure uninterrupted service.
- Develops maintenance programs including (Preventive, Predictive, and Reliability Centered Maintenance Programs, risk-based inspection philosophies, and maintenance work processes to improve facility equipment reliability) and work schedules to maximize equipment reliability and minimize equipment “downtime.”
- Fiscal responsibilities include: capital budget needs for equipment replacement and technology improvements; maintenance services from outside sources, obtains competitive bids, and makes recommendations for contracts; assures that all activities operate within designated budget, plans; recommends, and directs department's annual payroll and expense budget.
- Directs the Maintenance and Local IT team, on-the-floor troubleshooting, developing proactive maintenance objectives. Directs Maintenance team pertaining to the various material handling systems and equipment systems.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Facilitates technical training for Maintenance Department personnel on technical competency maintenance skills, including but not limited to troubleshooting techniques, PLC logic, HVAC systems, and complex mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Develops and manages equipment reliability, spare parts control, and operational availability.
- Facilities Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for any major equipment failures.
- Manages team responsible for installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software on or related to desktop PCs, printers, PC hardware and networks, LAN and RF devices.
- Manages the inventory orders and maintenance for IT and Maintenance equipment/commodities.
- May need to order inventory as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years OR High School/GED and at least 5 years of Experience in a maintenance or IT role.
- At least 6 months experience with hand and power tools (such as drills, fasteners and saws) in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience with maximizing equipment reliability and minimizing equipment “downtime”.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- At least 1 year of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Experience with mechanical, electrical circuitry, HVAC, plumbing, power conveyor maintenance.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience with Programmable Logic Control
- Knowledge of industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors.
- Knowledge of mechanical theory including bearings, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor, construction, and operation.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and server hardware/software.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or 6 Sigma principles.
- Experience at a distribution center, manufacturing, or Micro fulfillment environment