Associate Actuary (R-109106)
Job Classification:Actuarial - Actuarial
This role will collaborate with a team of python developers to enhance the PyVal model (GAAP and Statutory valuation and projection of Annuities liabilities) within the Retirement Strategies Annuities End-to-End Modeling team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (Valuation, Risk, Strategy) on story refinement process to clarify user value and create clear plans of implementation
- Continuously deliver working Python code through effective prioritization and execution
- Work with other developers across PyVal tribe (including CIO group) to prioritize and execute on model refactors to ensure long-term maintainability
- Promote PyVal model through demos explaining model impacts and key functionality to users and other external stakeholders
- Coach other developers in Python and software engineering design principles
- Continuously upskill in Python programming language
- Continuously upskill in actuarial concepts and annuities product knowledge
- 2+ years working with the Python programming language
- 5+ years’ experience in professional software development related to financial modeling, or
- 5+ years’ experience in actuarial services
- Knowledge of software design principles and experience with writing code to scale
- Comfortable with development tools including git, bitbucket, integrated development environments (e.g. VS Code)
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and related tools (agile ceremonies, JIRA, Confluence)
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of retail annuity products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. testware and methodology illustrations)
- Familiarity with PyTorch tensor operations
- Open to remote/virtual location
*Note: Prudential is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. Salary range specific to Colorado: ($108,000 to $153,400) + discretionary incentive bonus + benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.-
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.