Director, Privacy Program Management (R-109354)
Job Classification:Technology - Technology Risk
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a leading U.S. based publicly traded global life insurance and diversified financial services corporation with a world class brand and balance sheet. The company is committed to helping customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services including life insurance, annuities, investments and retirement-related services. The continued focus on and growth of the Global Privacy Program is a key strategic priority for the corporation.
We are seeking a Director of Privacy for Global Corporate Functions (Global Technology, Chief Data Office, Information Security, Human Resources, Financial Management and Legal, Compliance and Business Ethics) and Privacy Operations Center within Prudential’s Global Privacy Office. This position reports directly to Prudential’s Global Chief Privacy Officer. The Global Privacy Office sits within the Law, Compliance and Business Ethics organization.
The Director, Global Corporate Functions and Privacy Operations Center is a key member of the Global Privacy Office and is engaged in the implementation and maintenance of the privacy program. The Director will be a key driver of privacy strategy with responsibility for the management and execution of significant initiatives that help to ensure or improve the effectiveness of Prudential’s Global Privacy Program.
This role represents the global oversight function (second line of defense) for the Global Privacy Office, which reports into the Compliance function.
- Maintains and evolves the Global Privacy Framework through program assessment and management of significant initiatives in close collaboration with senior Privacy Program partners
- Partners with global compliance, privacy teams and business operations in the implementation and understanding of privacy policies, processes and enhancing controls for program compliance
- Oversees the maintenance and continued enhancement of the Global Privacy Platform
- Manages strategic deliverables within the Global Privacy Office, defining and communicating milestones and success criteria to key stakeholders, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery
- Assists in development of training course content designed to enhance cultural awareness and comprehension of global data privacy, laws and topics
- Prepares management reporting on Program strategic initiatives for Project, Compliance and Risk Management meetings
- Participates in audit and regulatory inquiries to represent the Global Privacy Program
- Provides guidance and oversight of the Privacy Operations Center
- Engages in industry and related forums to collaborate on opportunities to enhance the privacy program
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of privacy experience. Background in the Financial Services industries preferred. The successful candidate may have experience from another control discipline (compliance, legal, regulatory, audit, information security or risk). The successful candidate will have strong project management experience supporting cross functional projects with an ability to execute and deliver on strategic initiatives.
Additional specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, and JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Understanding of and ability to operationalize global privacy regulations
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams, in a fast paced, data driven business environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and collaborate with individuals across businesses and control functions
- Ability to balance operating independently with appropriate escalation with senior leadership
- Creativity, flexible and positive mindset, and ability to support a change management culture
- Continuous improvement and global business mindset
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification desired.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.