What you'll do...
Associate Director Merchandising Insights
In the dynamic and changing retail world that we live, customers will continue favoring retailers that offer the best products, at amazing value, with the convenience of shopping whatever channel they choose. If helping shape the merchandising strategies of Walmart by providing insights that will wow the Walmart shopper intrigues you, this is a job for you.
The AD Merchandising Insights role will become an indispensable partner to the business owners of departments such as Electronics, Sporting Goods, Hardlines, etc. The position will stretch your capacity to define a customer problem, draft a research plan to unveil facts and insights, conduct or commission the research phases needed, or tap into multiple sources such as syndicated, secondary, or internal analytics, and crown it with a powerful storytelling deliverable.
Your expertise discerning best insights tools to answer business questions or prove hypothesis, combined with your capacity to delegate and maximize supplier relationships will allow you to succeed in this role.
The acceleration of digital choices by the US consumer will also demand a creative omnichannel mindset to make sure that your insights allow Merchandising partners to think beyond the short/middle term.
The position will require strong cross-collaboration skills, especially with areas such as Marketing, Site Operations and other Customer Insights partners.
Joining our Customer Insights organization will also offers you the unique opportunity to maximize your technical insights skills, to develop your leadership skills, and reward you with the unparallel opportunity match your personal values with one of the most iconic purpose-driven companies. In simple words, your work will help Americans save money and live better!
- 8-10 years of experience conducting customer/consumer research
- Solid experiencer in primary research methods, including both quantitative and qualitative primary research
- Solid experience analyzing and interpreting syndicated data such as Nielsen, IRI, NPD to solve business questions.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging internal analytics to solve business questions (e.g. prove hypothesis utilizing customer behaviors data, membership data experience, etc).
- Strong knowledge of research techniques to evaluate initiatives such as concept testing, new products, assortment, optimization of trial reach, etc.
- Proven experience presenting research insights and recommendation to high level leadership.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and 4 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field OR 6 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Analytics in Retail Operations, Leading a cross-functional team, Supervisory
Masters: Business Administration Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America