Head of Portfolio Analysis (R-109355)
Job Classification:Investment Management - Investments
Prudential – Chief Investment Office
Head of US Portfolio Analysis, US Portfolio Management (Investment VP)
The U.S. Portfolio Management (USPM) group is the team responsible for managing Prudential’s proprietary U.S. investment portfolios. USPM develops asset-liability management-oriented portfolio strategies that include target levels of interest rate exposure and asset allocation among various public and private fixed income sectors and alternative assets. USPM implements these portfolio strategies by selecting, directing, and overseeing asset managers with scale and demonstrated expertise in the management of specific asset classes.
The Head of U.S. Portfolio Analysis will report directly to the Head of Strategic Initiatives for USPM. The position is based in Newark, NJ and the candidate is expected to adopt a hybrid working arrangement with an in-office presence of 2-3 times per week. This role will shape the portfolio analytics strategy across the U.S. core businesses. Successful candidates in this role will partner closely with the portfolio managers and strategists and will lead a team of portfolio analysts to identify synergies across the US Business. As a key partner, this role will develop skills aligned with future opportunities in Portfolio Management or Portfolio Strategy.
- Lead analysis to support USPM strategic initiatives
- Directly manage analysts and bring a unified approach to assisting the Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Strategists with Asset Liability Management (ALM) for all portfolios across the U.S. Businesses
- Develop staff skillset to reduce key person dependency. Ensure that each Analyst has a baseline proficiency in strategy and portfolio management tasks across the different BUs
- Support communication of portfolio investment and risk management themes (e.g. Strategic Asset Allocations, Senior Leadership Reporting, Legal entity, Income Attribution, Economic Benchmarking and Income Forecasts) for USPM
- Support the USPM needs relating to implementation of the Aladdin portfolio management system. Ensure that daily analysis can be completed more efficiently in Aladdin while working with other Chief Investment Office (CIO) stakeholders in developing richer analytics to be used as part of routine portfolio management work.
- Provide thought leadership and manage implementation of portfolio analytical models and frameworks to assist portfolio managers in measuring relative value and risk
- Provide analytical support to BU Strategists for key business/product initiatives
- Support Portfolio Managers (PMs) in managing cash, liquidity, portfolio appetite, USB limit monitoring and special transactions
- Participate in portfolio management/market discussions
- Serve as advocate in asset origination and allocation discussions for the USPM team
- Oversee automation of key monitoring and management tools
- Key collaboration partner with other CIO groups
- Prefer seven (7) or more years’ experience in complex financial analysis, fixed income markets, derivative modeling and/or portfolio asset liability management
- Preferred candidates would have a CFA designation and/or MBA
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability and confidence to challenge constructively in meetings
- Proven analytical and research skills and experience applying same in an investment, risk or actuarial assignment
- Strong reasoning and excellent written communication skills. Ability to understand complex technical investment and financial issues and synthesize knowledge into clear, concise business terms to inform senior management decision-making
- Working knowledge of asset liability management and varying liability structures
- Helpful to have knowledge of Prudential’s businesses and product offerings. Experience in analysis of insurance products would be a plus
- Demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in multi-disciplinary teams in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and work effectively under a dynamic environment with limited supervision.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.