Senior Finance Manager - Category Performance Improvement (CPI) (913544BR)
- Develops financial forecasts and resource allocation plans in support of division goals.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions.
- Provides guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial outcomes.
- Oversees financial aspects of vendor negotiations, funding issues and related efforts.
- Develops financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions.
- Oversees Financial Analyst or other support staff as necessary for department operations.
- Participates in long-term strategic planning for the assigned business area.
- Leads the preparation of financial forecasts, targets and budgets, including the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities; involves facilitating the negotiation and agreement of key metrics and inputs.
- Conducts regional financial evaluations of proposed projects and investments by gathering assumptions, making financial projections using discounted cash flow principles and ultimately creating regional business cases that substantiate the rationale for investments. This may include analysis, financial modeling or review of pre-prepared financials for new stores, acquisition candidates and the like.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years’ experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics OR a High School Diploma and at least 7 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics
- At least 4 years experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 4 years experience in applying analytics principles (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Business Management, Economics or Finance).
- Experience in long-term strategic planning for the assigned business area.
- At least 2 years experience executing financial strategy based on key objectives and goals of the company.
- At least 4 years experience of the link between analysis and business impact.
- At least 1 year experience developing justifications for capital expenditures.
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years experience of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and/or a Master’s degree
- CPA/CFA certification.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).