Pharmacist, Fulfillment Center
- Reviews drug histories and patient profiles to ensure proper and safe drug therapy. Provides individualized patient/provider consultation.
- Performs fulfillment center pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews, interprets and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when necessitated by workload.
- Through use of superior communication skills, wins the trust of patients by listening to their issues and providing a sounding board for the pharmacy concerns.
- Responds to requests for information and/or policy interpretation, including but not limited to the transfer of calls to an appropriate Walgreens entity when additional ‘non-pharmacist’ related issues develop.
- Provides feedback as to the effectiveness of the Customer Retention Program including comments from patients as the value of individual consultations.
- Responsible for all questions, dialogues, and issues which relate directly to patient therapy.
- Conducts data and clinical reviews and taking necessary actions to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of medications.
- Provides clinical consultation and knowledge to patients, doctors, and insurance plans as needed.
- Follows guidelines and procedures for all job responsibilities in order to meet goals. Adheres to company policies and procedures including all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local pharmacy laws.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current Pharmacist license as granted by the appropriate state licensing authority.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Willing to work non-standard hours, which may include evenings, holidays and/or weekends.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Willingness to obtain other state pharmacy licenses if needed.
- Knowledge of insurance plans.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems including Intercom, Promise, and Plus.
- Experience in a pharmacy fulfillment center or mail order site.
- Experience motivating team members to research and resolve issues.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.