Manager, Quality Control - Sam's Club (Cocoa Beach, FL)
- Oversee quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products in a distribution center as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs.
- Inspect inbound fresh produce & floral, poultry and meat for adherence to Sam's Club specifications.
- Participate in companywide initiatives to control costs and deliver high quality products to Sam's Club members.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Oversee Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan
- Oversee Sam's fruit ripening program
- Oversee cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature.
- Provide communication on fresh product quality to the merchant group and other relevant stakeholders to improve the quality of perishable products.
- Interface with the vendor community regarding quality of products being received into Sam's Club Distribution Centers.
You'll make an impact by:
- Making Decisions: you will make decisions about dozens of products and processes every day. From quality to food safety and compliance, you will be involved in the decisions that shape Quality for Sam's Club and our Members.
- Building Relationships: you'll use your knowledge and leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, merchants, replenishment and club operations.
- Product Knowledge: your background knowledge will be leveraged daily, and you will always be learning more to build a broad foundation across all Fresh departments.
- Creating, collaborating and innovating: you will work with merchants, suppliers and other quality teams to develop and enhance product specifications, processes, and engage in other initiatives to take Sam's Club Fresh quality to the next level.
- Continuous Improvement: Create, analyze, and provide feedback to merchants and other business partners on daily matters that could affect our Member's by utilizing performance data to identify improvement opportunities across all Fresh departments in Sam's Club.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years of experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years of experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in food safety, vendor management or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience of poultry or meat industry experience, preferably quality related.
- 2 years of experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 3 years of retail produce inspection experience or USDA inspection experience.
- 2 years of fruit ripening experience.
- 6 years of experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field. 1 year's of supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Service, Microsoft Office, Retail Management
4505 HIGHWAY 524, COCOA, FL 32926-0000, United States of America