Associate Technical Architect
Participates in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the organization's IT solutions are built within a consistent framework. Individual will play a key role by enabling continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) functions and automation for development teams supporting Dev Ops framework. Propose and facilitate process improvements as needed for supporting deployment and release function. Ensure that the architecture and infrastructure on which the application will be deployed are robust and stable. Assist the project team and the development team in reviewing impact assessment across various environments. Execution of process engineering, operational improvement and cost saving initiatives for automation tooling focused on cloud.
- Participates in the creation of design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization.
- Supports the decision-making processes related to the selection of IT architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical resource to software development engineering.
- Participates in implementing and improving core software infrastructure.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Participates in performing systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in an IT engineering role OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of experience in an IT engineering role.
- At least 2 years of experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts, emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
- Experience in domain-specific Architecture
- Understands automated build, test and deployment release capabilities and help drive project teams towards integrating such solutions
- Knowledge and experience on automation with in CD pipelines
- Experience in High Availability and Disaster Recovery HA/DR concepts
- Experience in deployment/release planning and processes
- MS Azure Experience, Subscription and cost management.
- Understands automated build, test and deployment capabilities