Senior Manager, Global Innovations, Consumer Healthcare Futures
- Responsible for innovating in Consumer Healthcare and non-drug condition management (digital solutions, medical devices, supplements, homeopathy, etc).
- Owns one of the core Need States (consumer unmet need) within the Owned Brands Innovation framework. Shapes the Need State strategy and road map to deliver projects within this space that will ladder up to the overall mission.
- Develops and leverages strategic external partnerships to create differentiated products and services that can be launched globally across Boots and Walgreens Healthcare brands.
- Leverages consumer insights to develop winning product/service concepts. And works with partners to develop and test Minimum Viable Propositions (MVPs) that can then be scaled by the retail businesses.
- Guides projects following Agile methodology, by validating and iterating products based on user input.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment to innovation priorities and project plans.
- Brings projects into the stage gate process and hands off to the local teams at the appropriate stage.
- Guides innovation in multiple areas: product, digital technology, services and creative delivery and business models.
- Brings mass personalization to life in the space of Healthcare Owned Brands to add value through improved consumer experiences.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of brand management/marketing experience or High School/GED and at least 7 years of brand management/marketing experience.
- Established and proven Consumer Marketer with thorough CPG experience and some understanding of OTC medicines and/or vitamins/ supplements routes to market.
- Experience with Global brand-building and innovation pipeline management across geographies.
- Strong financial acumen and experience building business cases.
- Excellent presentation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience working with innovation incubators and consulting partners.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience working in international markets, in particular the US and UK markets.
- Experience working for a leading over-the-counter (OTC) or Wellness company.
- Experience developing digitally-delivered user experiences.
- Experience guiding diverse teams.
- Experience delivering value through consumer insight-driven innovation.