Staff Software Engineer
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of 5 to 6 engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Who You Are
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you have these main skills:
- Extensive understanding of Kubernetes, Helm, microservice architecture and design, and best practices around multithreading, networking, offline storage and performance tuning
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of Java, Spring Boot, and experience working with distributed systems and teams
- Experience with refactoring/redesigning/rewriting existing applications is a plus
- Ability to build products with focus on testability, someone who loves test coverage
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features in the technologies that we leverage
- You are customer-focused and you understand the principles of working in a highly regulated domain like health care
- You have a passion for large and complex problems and how to optimize your customers' experiences
- You have a technical mindset with great attention to detail
- You understand how to use modern development methodologies
- You enjoy mentoring junior team members
Skill Set Additions:
- Knowledge of technologies used in building scalable, distributed systems in virtualized cloud environments.
- Ability to design for fault tolerance and high availability.
- Have proficient knowledge and experience with Kafka Queues, Kubernetes, microservice architectures
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following programming languages and tools: Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Ruby, Rails, Maven, git, Jenkins, Docker
- Solid devops skills in troubleshooting live applications, assessing performance bottlenecks of applications running on Azure infrastructure
- Develop high performance and scalable solutions that extract, transform, and load big data
About The Team
As a member of the Health & Wellness group, you'll be responsible for designing, implementing and testing code for the Walmart Wellness app. You will have the opportunity to directly impact our users in an area that matters most: their health and wellbeing. As a member of the team, you will be in a position to leverage the resources of the world's largest retailer to drastically change access to and the affordability of quality healthcare.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
8461 Avenue Ne, Redmond, WA 98052-3863, United States of America