Manager II, Operations (Delivery Territory Manager) (8261_R-1106618)
- You have experience in Field Ops/Online Grocery/Multi-unit/ Project Management
- You're detail oriented and analytical with ability to deep-dive problem areas.
- You have a deep knowledge of the gig industry.
- You're action oriented with strong execution skills.
- You're a high performer with strong operations skillset.
What you'll do...
- Supporting the execution of projects, work streams, and programs by managing and modifying associated project plans; adhering to task timelines; formatting and maintaining project data; organizing and facilitating communication materials to ensure successful roll-outs and implementations; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; applying solutions and contingency plans for issues that have been escalated by project managers.
- Supporting the sourcing, organizing, analyzing, and interpretation of data and information; providing influence and insight on current and future business trends; conducting analyses of initiatives to understand and communicate trends; translating data analysis into recommendations aligned with business objectives; and supporting collaboration with cross-functional teams to develop processes and strategies that help meet business goals.
- Supporting the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; implementing new innovations and tools for site selection and continuously improving selection methodology; leveraging best practices from cross-functional partners to streamline and improve processes; analyzing and interpreting information for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency; implementing creative solutions within business areas to reduce costs and meet business goals; ensuring data accuracy; using knowledge and experience of the business to determine what activities must be done by serving as subject matter expert adhering to scorecards and other tracking mechanisms; supporting new innovations for store activation; collaborating with and influencing operations and other internal partners in support of strategies; and driving execution to meet metrics through customer service.
- Supporting activities and projects that generate revenue, offset operational expenses, mitigate loss, and allocate or influence budget spending by researching and integrating information and data; applying business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities; analyzing and interpreting information by using various analytical methodology for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency; supporting creative solutions within business areas that reduce costs and meet business goals; using judgment to prioritize assignments; and ensuring data accuracy.
- Supporting the development and improvement of new or existing operational tools, reports, and customer-facing functionality by providing direction and input on project business and functional requirements; providing subject matter expertise; implementing solutions for complex problems that span multiple businesses, functions and/or time frames with new or existing tools; and partnering cross-functionally with product management, merchandising, engineering, and other groups to drive projects.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 2 years' experience in operations, project management, or related area OR 4 years' experience in operations, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
1645 E BERT KOUNS INDUSTRIAL LOOP, SHREVEPORT, LA 71105-5725, United States of America