(USA) Associate Designer (8261_R-1117337)
- You are a self-starter and relentless problem solver
- You enjoy collaborating, learning, and growing with a team
- You are passionate, driven, and humble in your approach
- You like problem discovery and synthesizing information
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You have a "test and learn" mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
- You can communicate the value of your design decisions for the user and the business
You'll make an impact by:
- Bringing curiosity and dedication to solving problems and delivering value for our users
- Leveraging design best practices when creating user flows, mockups, prototypes, workshop documents, and hand-off files
- Using various communication methodsto convey data-driven design decisions, document design engagements, share information, and work towards alignment and mutual understanding
- Contributing to vision and strategies for each project through discovery, internal and external best practices, and by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation
- Maintaining collaborative relationshipswithin our team and cross-functionally with our partners by aligning design efforts with business goals
- Experience: Bachelor's Degree, OR 1 year design experience + UX Certification (example: Nielson Norman), OR Internship Experience
- Experience creating and handing off designs in design software (Figma preferred).
- Strong ability to communicate UX design decisions and UX best practices
- Strong portfolio of elegant design solutions
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Experience working on an end-to-end solution for a small project with at least 1 key stakeholder
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree OR 1 year design experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
eCommerce, Web design, user interface design, or related field, Web production experience
409 COLORADO STREET, AUSTIN, TX 78701, United States of America