Category Sourcing Manager (915486BR)
- Following procurement strategies, policies and procedures as defined by the Divisional Vice President (DVP), develops a comprehensive understanding of business and user requirements for assigned spend categories.
- Develops a business relationship with functional stakeholders and solicits feedback on sourcing and vendor performance, share and discuss supply base opportunities, and identify new and changed needs.
- Supports the development of cross-functional teams by identifying internal customers and stakeholders for inclusion; interfaces with internal customers to understand requirements and resolves issues; involves key stakeholders in sourcing development and implementation; informs Sourcing Director or DVP of conflicts between stakeholder requirements and sourcing plan.
- As Category Sourcing Managers will deliver breakthrough levels of performance by deploying exceptional motivation skills, and continuous coaching of cross-functional teams.
- Sets the standards for conducting internal and external research on supply market and activities within assigned spend categories (or sourcing projects) to ensure the highest levels of insight is generated; under-takes or ensures the identification of supply market economics and trends; ensures the identification of qualified supply base, maintains market information on suppliers and guides optimization of the supply base.
- Defines strategies for assigned categories or projects; translates improvement goals regarding experiences and savings into viable category plans; works with Senior Category Sourcing Manager or Director to define the sourcing plan to follow including suppliers list and the criticality for materials and services.
- Guides the implementation of category sourcing strategies for assigned category portfolio (or projects). Implements category sourcing strategies including development and implementation of RFI’s and RFP’s, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria and guides the selection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional team; conducts supplier negotiations; collaborates with Legal to establish contracts, and performs critical tactical activities as needed including contract ownership, purchase order processing and implementing improvement plans; uses procurement resources and systems to create operational efficiency and visibility across the company; identifies and pursues ad hoc opportunities to reduce product/service costs.
- Oversees the direction of on-going vendor relationships and supplier performance across their portfolio; ensures regular supplier meetings takes place and implements improvement strategies with suppliers.
- Helps strengthen tracking and reporting for assigned spend areas; develops tracking mechanisms and supplier key performance indicators with the Senior Category Sourcing Manager/Director; tracks compliance and develops leakage reports; supports formal administration reporting to senior director and other members of senior administration.
- Directly manages complex negotiations with suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and have a direct correlation with WBA Retail Divisions operational needs and goals.
- Supports the talent development of inter-divisional team members and the overall development of cross-functional teams. Collaborates with Analysts, Category Specialists, Category Managers and Directors across the retail divisions on key projects. Works with the Legal department to establish contracts, and perform critical tactical activities as needed.
- Plans, develops, and implements business plans and budgets, including long-range objectives, performance goals and metrics. Performs material dollar negotiations which have a significant impact of WBA Retail Divisions cash flow and financial models.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace, and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at Www.Walgreensbootsalliance.Com.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of procurement experience in relevant spend categories (Health and Wellness, Personal Beauty, Seasonal and convenience) or industry sectors (Retail, CPG, Pharmaceuticals) or High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years’ experience in relevant spend categories (Health Wellness, Personal and Beauty, Seasonal and convenience) or industry sectors (Retail, CPG, Pharmaceuticals).
- At least 2 years of experience managing negotiations for spend categories greater than $100m million dollars
- At least 2 years of experience of managing teams and/or leading cross-functional project teams
- Experience developing and implementing category sourcing strategies with a proven track record of delivering exceptional results.
- Experience working with Profit Loss (P L) concepts, such as revenue, COGS, gross profit margin, operating expenses, and cash flow with a view to identifying and delivering profit enhancement opportunities.
- Highly developed communications skills both verbally and in writing to various audiences (work group, team, company senior management, prospective acquisitions, and external parties).
- Detailed knowledge of the strategic sourcing/procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices with a track record of delivery across the end to end procurement value chain.
- Experience establishing maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community with vendors.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the organization.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or other advanced degree or CPM/CPSM certification.
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams in a large global matrix organization.
- Walgreens Store Operations and/or Pharmacy Operations experience.