(USA) Senior Manager II, Innovations
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Developing and enhancing products - you will influence product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Manage program deliverables across product, engineering, and Ops teams, to achieve the overall IRL product development.
- Collaborate with several cross-functional teams and work closely with leaders on technology, product, and corporate teams. Candidate should be comfortable functioning in ambiguity and quickly raise insightful questions to drive alignment.
- Create and lead the program structure and shared alignment with the cross teams on vision, business goals, program, and secure cross-functional teams dependencies' commitment.
- Lead regular meetings with key stakeholders to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key product and program issues
- Provide on-going visibility to program status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics, etc.) to all stakeholders.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent product and engineering teams from delivering on program outcomes.
- Manage new and existing technologies integration including new tools onboarding.
- Create a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity, speed, innovation, and learning.
- Be a thought leader who can help accelerate the capabilities delivery and challenge others to change.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You are a storyteller, visionary, and innovator
- You are passionate, driven, and humble in your approach
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You thrive on both leveraging and leading the way
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Project Management, or related field AND 4 years' experience in project management, product management, supply chain, operations management, or related area OR 6 years' experience in project management, product management, supply chain, store operations management, or related area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management. Must work well in cross functional settings and be comfortable driving strategic conversations across the organization
- Superb attention to detail and a strong commitment to data integrity
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of point-of-sale
- Extensive big box retail store management experience or knowledge.
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
- Strong Interest and ability to learn other technical areas as needed.
- Problem-solving and organizational experience and experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in computer vision software applications
Live our Values
Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Science, or related field and 4 years' experience in program management, operations management, design innovation, financial analysis, or related area OR 6 years' experience in program management, operations management, design innovation, financial analysis, or related area. 2 years' experience using Microsoft Office. 2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Business Analytics, Product Management, Project Management
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America