(USA) Principal Software Engineer - BFD Hadoop Platform
- You are a storyteller, visionary, and innovator
- You are customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You are comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
You'll make an impact by:
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis to understand Walmart's opportunities to make better use of capacity through efficiency analysis and by leveraging new techniques in cloud.
- Collaborating with our Business Partners and Global Technology teams to ensure consistent standards related to cost and capacity modeling.
- Bringing Passion to capacity planning to ensure that Walmart is prepared for any contingency.
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Hadoop command line administration, including use of logs to debug job and systems issues related to Spark, MapReduce, Tez, Hive, Pig, and Apache Ranger.
- Basic experience with Linux system administration, including software installation and networking and storage system configuration.
- Linux command-line system administration experience.
- Basic knowledge of networking, including DNS and DHCP.
- Basic experience with scripting languages, preferably Bash and Python.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Any experience with configuration management, preferably Puppet or Ansible.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with Hadoop big data technologies such as YARN, Spark, Hive, Pig, HBase, or related technologies, in traditional fixed cluster and ephemeral deployments in private facilities and cloud environments.
- Experience with common cloud resource provider resource management frameworks.
- Experience with SQL database systems and NoSQL database technologies (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra).
- Experience building web-based user services using common web frameworks such as Python/Django, PHP/Fuel, and similar.
- Experience with system administration automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Experience with Kubernetes based infrastructure and tools.
- Experience with metrics and monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana.
- Awareness of DevOps and experience in using related tools for observability and telemetry such as Git, GitHub, Jenkins/Gitlab, Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, Agents like statsd, collectd, fluentd, fluentbit etc.
- Intermediate level cloud platform knowledge preferably GCP and Azure.
If you're thinking 'scale', think bigger, and don't stop there. At Walmart Global Technology, we don't just innovate; we enable transformations across stores and online channels for the Walmart experience. We help people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week more than 260+ million customers and members visit our 11,600+ stores under 69 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With last fiscal year revenues of approximately $524 billion and 2.3 million employees worldwide, Walmart is simply the world's largest retail business. Our teams collaborate across the globe to build and deploy solutions that enhance our customer experience, improve the lives of our associates, and create value for our business.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering OR PhD.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE Moberly Ln, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America