Sr. Program Mgr., Omni-channel Product & Digital Solution Development
- Accountable for a portfolio of work that furthers strategic company objectives. Manages multiple complex, strategic technology programs and/ or projects to successful completion. Drives strategic alignment across business units to succeed against company-wide goals.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on issues critical to the success of the business's strategic goals.
- Provides recommendations on complex program dependencies that could affect the success of other initiatives.
- Develops strategic integration plans and manage roadmaps to align the highest priority features and capabilities forward to completion within the timeframes required.
- Understands the relationships, objectives and impacts of programs and initiatives across business units. Able to drive program initiatives and deep dive to understand key customer problems and/or business impacts.
- Owns product/business outcomes by working with area leaders to influence strategy. Drives adoption of new processes across the organization.
- Manages and communicates program status, timelines, financials and outcomes with stakeholders.
- Provides input on established processes and suggests relevant improvements.
- Applies specialized knowledge of industry standards/practices to portfolio, programs and initiatives.
- Clarifies, identifies, and tracks requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve project issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Facilitates executive level Leadership Team and Steering Committee meetings. Sets clear expectations regarding artifacts, meetings, reporting and communication for all projects with the program.
- Works with stakeholders to define objectives and specifications.
- Guides multi-disciplinary project teams in the achievement of project objectives for larger more complex, or more strategic, projects or programs. Oversees project management team to achieve project objective/goals.
- Enables team collaboration tools and ensures clear communication. Participates in removing barriers to timely and cost effective project completion.
- Ensures realistic and reliable staffing plans across the program, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team. Serves as a resource to other project managers to resolve complex problems. May lead other project managers on large scale projects.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of program management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 7 years of project/program management experience
- Experience leading end-to-end programs with go to market strategy within the digital/Omni space
- Experience communicating with the C- Suite level on program status, issues/risks and mitigation plans
- Experience with building customer facing products and assessing customer experience
- Experience with go to market planning including but not limited to Marketing, store operations, media, change management planning
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience managing technology projects
- Experience with project metrics, including data gathering, reporting, and trend analysis
- Experience with Project and Portfolio Management software (e.g., CA Clarity PPM, Jira, Azure DevOps)
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 7 years of project/program management experience
- Experience driving cross-functional teams
- Experience managing software development projects
- Knowledge of mobile technologies
- Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones
- Experience with web technologies and online software development practices.
- Industry experience in Retail and/or Pharmacy/Healthcare