Mobile Software Engineer (International Tech)
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Translate requirements into mobile solutions for multiple operating systems (for example, iPhone, Android)
- Develop user interface solutions, conduct testing to ensure solution is functional
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance
- Troubleshoot business and production issues for mobile devices by gathering and evaluating information.
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
- Orchestrated user-interactions integrating with backend services via REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Built products with a focus on Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Experience in working with large code bases and effectively driving large projects
- Experience in good app architecture using design patterns such as MVVM, MVP or Clean
- Deep understanding of various aspects of Mobile App Development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Listening ability and patience
- Critical thinking, complex Problem Solve and Troubleshoot
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
You'll make an impact by...
- Develop technologically advanced solutions that makealarge-scaleimpactand improvethe end-user experience.
- Operate with a startup mentality, bringing new ideas to the table,andinspiringthosearound you to do the same.
- Identify areas of opportunity, determining solution designs,and provide guidancetosystemand processenhancements.
- Translate requirements into technical solutions.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity experts and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make epic impact and are leading the next retail disruption.
We're Primarily Virtual
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities. Most of our team will make this permanent transition to our hybrid way of working as our new normal.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond our great compensation package, we offer performance incentives. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
2901 SE I STREET, STE TBD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America