PGIM: 2023 Real Estate Investment Analyst Program
Job Classification:Investment Management - Investments
PGIM: 2023 Real Estate Investment Analyst Program
- New Jersey/New York, NY (Equity Only)
- New York, NY (Debt Only)
- Atlanta, GA (Equity & Debt)
- Chicago, IL (Equity & Debt)
- Los Angeles, CA (Debt Only)
- San Francisco, CA (Equity & Debt)
- Arlington, VA (Debt Only)
- Dallas, TX (Equity & Debt)
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted at one time.
All applications should be fully completed by October 28th, 2022, at midnight ET.
PGIM is the diversified asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). With $1.4 trillion in assets under management, and 39 offices spanning 17 countries, PGIM is among the world’s leading asset managers. Comprised of six self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm’s ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality. Prudential is a Fully Inclusive Workplace: At Prudential, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual, and we work hard ensure to Prudential is a welcoming and rewarding place to work for people of all identities and backgrounds.
In this role you will perform financial modeling and analysis of potential real estate transactions and provide analytical support to senior members of the team. You will interact professionally with senior management, originators, borrowers, joint venture partners, brokers and investors.
As one of the largest real estate managers in the world with more than $180 billion in gross assets under management and administration, PGIM Real Estate strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for investors and borrowers through a range of real estate equity and debt solutions across the risk-return spectrum. Our scope of insights, rigorous risk management and seamless execution are backed by a 50-year legacy of investing in commercial real estate, a 140-year history of real estate financing and the deep local expertise of professionals in 32 cities globally. Through our investment, financing, asset management and talent management approach, we engage in practices that ignite positive environmental and social impact, while pursuing activities that strengthen communities around the world. When you join our team, you’ll find yourself inspired by an inclusive company culture that believes that diversity of all kinds allows us to develop better and more innovative solutions for our clients.
You will be empowered to contribute in a meaningful way, add new value to organization initiatives and effect change. Your placement within PGIM Real Estate will be in one of the following areas:
PGIM Real Estate Equity Business
- Acquisitions – Acquisitions analysts will be a part of a small team responsible for the sourcing, underwriting, financial modeling, and due diligence for new acquisitions on behalf of all of PGIM Real Estate’s portfolios. Create cash flow models, Investment Committee books, sensitivity tables, rent roll analyses, comparable property sets, joint venture waterfall models, and other financial analyses required to evaluate, pursue and explain acquisition opportunities.
- Asset Management – Collaborate with partners, consultants, property managers and leasing brokers to manage a portfolio of operating assets, development projects, and/or repositioning projects across the risk spectrum. Drive asset performance through the execution of leasing, operational, financing, and disposition strategies.
- Research - Provide economic and real estate market analysis in support of investment decisions and strategy development.
PGIM Real Estate Debt Business
- Originations - Assist investment professionals in analyzing and securing loans. Responsible for all phases of evaluating new investment opportunities including cash flow modeling, property valuation, sensitivity analysis, market research, and credit analysis. Help manage the deals throughout the due diligence and closing process.
- Underwriting - Analyze potential loans to ensure they meet appropriate standards. Day-to-day responsibilities include handling the due diligence process with internal and external parties, analyzing investment strategy, cash flow assumptions, and market data, and completing detailed investment packages for credit approval.
- Portfolio or Deal Management – Key responsibilities include assisting credit officers in achieving the overall domestic and international mortgage production goals and serving as a resource for origination teams on policies and procedures throughout the life cycle of a deal.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Conducting financial modeling to evaluate potential new investment opportunities.
- Underwriting and analysis to support asset management decisions (e.g. leasing, financing, buy/sell scenarios, property valuations, and joint venture structuring).
- Creating and executing strategies for developments, renovations/repositionings, and capital projects.
- Interfacing with external parties including leasing/sales brokers, property managers, joint venture partners, and legal counsel.
- Providing analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modeling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and preparation of loan briefs for investment committee approval.
- Candidates must be graduating between December 2022 and May 2023
- Candidate pursuing BA/BS degree. Finance, Economics, or Real Estate majors preferred but not required
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Understanding of real estate and finance terms and concepts preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Our Application Process:
Submit your application. Receive invitation for a digital interview; this includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that advance your application(s). Receive invitation for a final round interview; if selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2023 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.