Associate Manager Logistics
- Promotes a world class culture of safety.
- Participates in functional and cross functional teams to meet objectives, improve processes, and improve stakeholder satisfaction. Develops and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Performs daily routing and optimization using an internal Transportation Management system, monitors daily dispatch operations including driver/truck and trailer assignments. Participates in driver safety meetings.
- In partnership logistics management, third party vendors and internal business partners, will apply and promote compliance with applicable regulations (DOT, etc) to ensure engaged workplace.
- Trains, mentors, leads, and assists less experienced staff, may schedule work, and troubleshoots complex problems referred by others or self-diagnosed problems.
- Monitors, analyzes, and provides feedback on fleet key performance indicators to exceed service performance measurements.
- Partners with all internal/external stakeholders, builds relationships to support supply chain end to end objectives.
- Monitors drivers on compliance of on-board computer (OBC), Department of Transportation, violations, and driver hours of service.
- Subject matter expert in internal systems to execute daily operations flawlessly, Transportation Management System, On Board Computers, Dispatch Software, and warehouse management systems. Identifies and researches unique customer opportunities, issues, and requests.
- Maintain and update all master data associated with Transportation systems for the local fleet environment as well as store schedules in the AS400.
- Oversees backhaul program, driver payroll and productivity. Prepare Driver Bid Schedules.
- Assists Logistics Manager with invoice entry in a timely manner using internal epro management system.
- Ensures completion of accident processing, claims, investigation, and corporate reporting.
- Responsible for daily monitoring to ensure compliance of DOT and Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA). Assists logistics management with ensuring compliance with Department of Transportation, Department of Energy, and Environmental Protection (DEP) compliance of local, state and Federal laws.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Acts as a specialist in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in a supply chain or business role OR High School/ GED + at least 4 years of experience in a supply chain or business role
- Experience analyzing, implementing, and/or operating a transportation management system (TMS).
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience working with relational databases, such as MS Access.
- Experience using business analytical skills including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements for technology-related projects.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience in the indirect management of team members. Includes assisting in the development, training, and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
- Experience with SAP/JDA a plus.
- Willing to be on call (rotating schedule) carry a company provided cell phone and laptop