Senior Manager II, Controllership - Supply Chain
- As part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the success of our Transportation Network! With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain!
- This position supports Omni-Channel Transportation accounting processes, including Import, Inbound Outbound, Small-package, and Last Mile Delivery (LMD) Transportation for all of Walmart US, reporting to the Supply Chain Controller of the Walmart US Controllership.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all transportation costs are appropriately accounted for under US GAAP and reconciled on a monthly basis, collaborating with Transportation operations, Supply Chain Finance, Merchandising, eCommerce, Enterprise Business Services (EBS) and Technology.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have strong technical and compliance acumen and are experienced in driving accountability and resolutions with teams outside of your authority.
- You have demonstrated experience working and collaborating cross-functionally
- You are a proven self-starter and excel in working with undefined parameters
- You can solve problems by working across all key stakeholders in developing sustainable solutions
- You are curious and relentlessly ask questions
- You have high standards and are organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You're skilled at diplomacy and aligning stakeholders with competing priorities, including senior leaders
You'll make an impact by:
- Leadership: Leading by providing support and leadership to individuals from the Transportation Finance Team, Import Finance Teams, Supply Chain Operation Team, EBS and Walmart US Controllership teams; lead regular meetings to drive project execution, ensure proper knowledge sharing, communication, and segment support.
- Communications and Presentations: Able to effectively communicate and present at all levels within the organization.
- Building strategic relationships: Maximize relationships across the organization to drive strong communications, strategic alignment, and clear project management across the segment and organization. Build internal partnerships to continue to gain insights and support the direction of business.
- Operating with excellence: Set an example in driving actions plans and delivering excellence, promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Support Transportation Related Processes
- Support month-end close processes for Transportation, including Import, Inbound, Outbound and eCommerce Finance teams
- Review accrual processes, challenge assumptions, and ensure actual transactions are recorded accurately on a regular basis, considering the rapidly changing environment in the Supply Chain and document the current state of processes for transportation and related inventory processes
- Work cross functionally with the eCommerce Controller and finance teams to ensure transportation costs are appropriately classified and recorded in the eCommerce P&L
- Review monthly reconciliations related to Transportation and ensure that items on the reconciliation are appropriately classified and aged.
- Work cross functionally with EBS, Transportation Technology Product, Transportation Operations and Finance Teams to ensure that freight liabilities and payments are recorded appropriately; including the development of Subledgers for Outbound Dotcom and Inbound Supply Chain to support Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Challenge the status quo and recommend needed process definition and improvements
- Resolve issues relevant to projects to ensure deliverables are completed
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see [Register to View] Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America