(USA) Principal Technical Program Manager, Platform (8261_R-1160719)
- Manage Portfolio Intake process
- Align programs, projects and operations to strategic objectives
- LRP & AOP for the Portfolio - Bottom's up ask, Top down ask, negotiation and agreement
- Measure, rank and prioritize programs and projects
- Enable accountability of prioritization of portfolio programs
- Collaborate to balance multiple priorities including unexpected projects that surface
Ongoing accountability includes collaboration across the portfolio and requires consistent review cadences with trusted data points.
- Define KPI and targets for the Portfolio
- Partner with the Data team to build a Portfolio Score card, validation and reporting
- Manage communication and analytics around P&L for the Portfolio - CapEx, OpEx, Payroll etc.
- Resource alignment recommendations and utilization guidance
- Track progress through setting up the right cadences and report progress against OKRs to teams, cross functional stakeholders and Walmart leadership
- Provide accomplishments and key portfolio metrics for All Hands and Townhalls
Ongoing communication and assessment of the portfolio is critical to realizing strategic goals. The below deliverables will support the responsibilities listed above:
- Intake assessments and insights
- Portfolio - Product/ Dev Manager owner sync up
- Planning deliverables
- Portfolio reporting and Scorecard
- Prioritization model (including leadership alignment and understanding)
- Establish standard reporting template
- Monthly wins & accomplishment for Portfolio
- Portfolio P&L governance
- Prepare QBR and Deep Dive, Portfolio specific materials for All Hands
- Communication Strategy and plans
Proficiency in technical and soft skills are required for success in this role. Emphasis on core competencies allows faster alignment and portfolio negotiations to occur. It also establishes a foundation to build trust and accelerate alignment.
- Knowledge about thePortfolio
- Guide resource management decisions as part of prioritization and tradeoff discussions
- Program Management
- Financial Management
- Knowledgeable about contract renewal processes and timelines
- System (people, process,technology, places) design &optimization
- Customer Centered
- Forecasting recommendations
You'll really wow us if...
- You bring strategic thinking to every day Portfolio problems and back recommendations with accurate data.
- Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within its new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
- You seek out and champion opportunities to improve processes rather than just be added to a project to ensure it is efficiently run.
- Successfully been a Project or Program Manager for several large scale efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Skilled in Data-driven, objective analysis and recommendations
- Comfortable presenting to and persuading at the Director and Vice-Presidential level
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Management, Business or related field; experience may be substituted for degree + Minimum of 5+ experience in project management or change management
- Experience successfully implementing a Continuous Improvement program
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Quantitative or engineering background
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related area and 6 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area. Option 2: 8 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification in Project Management., Master's degree in Business Administration, with specialization in strategy, supply chain, finance, information systems, or related area and 4 years' experience in product design.
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America