Duane Reade Shift Leader (960003BR)
- Manage and track store financial performance, cash control, inventory, safety, customer service and management of entire staff.
- Support assistant manager in the execution of all company initiatives.
- Lead by example and ensure the entire staff is providing superior customer service.
- Ensure price integrity is maintained to comply with weights and measures.
- Ensure compliance to applicable labor laws, legal requirements, company policy, and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain positive working relationships with direct reports, peers, vendors, union officials, and corporate office personnel.
- Ensure marketing initiatives, plano-grams, and store conditions are compliant with the corporate standard.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate work activities for the entire staff using effective time management skills.
- Ensure store is well stocked and product is rotated accordingly using a state of the art replenishment system.
- Establish and maintain a friendly hospitable harassment-free work environment.
- Motivate and lead others to perform a variety of tasks that all lead to one common objective.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Six months of prior work experience with Duane Reade, with a performance evaluation on file or one year of prior retail work experience as a retail key carrier or shift leader (external candidates).
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- “Achieves expectations” rating on last performance review.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.