Business Systems Analyst (886195BR)
Under general guidance, is responsible for conducting research of intermediate complexity on existing processes, systems, data analysis, reporting, software deployment and desired objectives to develop detailed systems specifications for all or part of assigned projects. This position examines, in detail, existing manual and automated processes, documentation and training requirements, and the capacities and limitations of existing, or proposed hardware to develop effective specifications in a formal and structured way. Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment, data analysis, and coding recommendations. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing of internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users.
- Translates users' business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation.
- Applies methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language ("UML") and Rational Unified Process ("RUP") and prepares detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
- Participates in managing the scope of applications and related changes.
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications.
- Assists quality assurance with functional test case reviews.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on the evaluation of the feasibility, effort and costs to implement requirements.
- Assists with creating training materials and may assist with user orientation and training.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 years of experience gathering/documenting requirements, modeling and providing general client/IT liaison support OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience gathering/documenting requirements, modeling and providing general client/IT liaison support.
- Experience with technical design process and models.
- Experience with requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of SDLC / SW development processes, such as Unified Modeling Language ("UML") and / or Rational Unified Process ("RUP"), Agile, Waterfall).
- Experience using consulting skills and developing client relationships.
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
- Master's Degree or MBA.
- Experience with Excel, SQL, Programming, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.