Senior Manager II, Software Engineering
- Leading the work of other groups of engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshooting business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Leading the discovery phase of large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Developing Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Solid understanding of iOS app development
- Solid foundation in Swift
- Experience with key Apple frameworks such as UIKit, CoreData, Combine, HealthKit, etc.
- At least 5 years managing engineering teams in a large company environment
- Passion for writing simple, easy to understand code
- Experience in design patterns such as MVVM
- Interest in writing testable code and automated tests
- Disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
8461 Avenue Ne, Redmond, WA 98052-3863, United States of America