Manager, Cloud Engineering - Hybrid
- Engineer and enable enterprise cloud solutions within a DevOps environment
- Influences target state Cloud Architecture, partnering with other areas, such as Cloud Network Architects, Cloud Data Architects, Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud Security Architects, and Cloud Engineering and Development teams.
- Accelerates the adoption of cloud solutions across business units.
- Ensures cloud deployments result in resilient, robust, and compliant systems. May oversee technology assessments, technology strategy reviews, and provide internal consulting to ensure all areas are practicing sound architecture hygiene.
- Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and performs as a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Participates in the Development of metrics and scorecards to influence the technology teams on industry best practices for cloud deployments.
- Manages the vendor relationship including determining in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence. Performs deep dive research on missed SLAs Partners with the vendor to drive continuous improvement resulting in improved service and/or lower cost.
- Reviews and approves any request prioritizations. Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities.
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Leads in a fast-paced environment and produces high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Works with business stakeholders to advise them on available SaaS Services and enterprise agreements.
- Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives.
- Experience with public cloud architecture, Cloud strategy, networking, security.
- Experience with various enterprise applications, IT services, and SaaS solution providers.
- Knowledge of cloud management and cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements.
- Experience suggesting competitive and innovative technical decisions, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Leading Dev/Infrastructure teams and building DevOps disciplines at large organizations
- Experience leading a large, highly technical teams in a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of app & data architectures and cloud native patterns for development, etc.
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation