Senior Analyst- Brand & Marketing Communications Insights
Performs, optimizes, and implements operational activities that impact critical components / processes required to drive Brand Equity Tracking and Ad Tracking Programs as well as TV Advertising Development research – quantitative & qualitative. Responsibilities will not only include project management and quality control, but also data analysis/interpretation and dissemination of resulting insights. Will be our vendors’ primary, day-to-day contact, and collaborate with and consult our Marketing and Ad Agency partners.
- Performs, develops and implements operational activities that impact important components / processes of the specified Customer Loyalty & Insights work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of vendor collaboration, pharmacy insights, customer insights, pricing & promotion and/or consumer research such as:
- Developing and executing assigned high profile plans/programs to enhance/maximize consumer awareness, market share and support specified initiatives.
- Engaging and developing analysis for Interpretation of results and analyzing trends.
- Reviewing alignment of functional area strategies with assumed outcomes.
- Monitoring strategies of functional area and recommending / implementing adjustments.
- Contributing in planning and implementing a broad range of activities to meet objectives.
- Developing tactical plans.
- Preparing related program budgets.
- Participating in development of programs that establish and enhance standards.
- Identifying and establishing relationships with internal/external partners.
- Ensures that problematic issues for key initiatives are tracked, summarized and presented to management.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes and operational efficiencies. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions/initiatives.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to specified area of responsibility and constructively challenges current methods to identify areas of improvement, support established standards and deliver improved results. May design specifications of assigned initiatives and may lead in implementation. Become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Identifies opportunities and makes appropriate recommendations to improve processes and/or operating efficiencies. May perform as customer advocate.
- Works on variable-sized project and may lead some project work streams, as necessary. Ensures project initiatives are completed within budget and on time to meet business units’ needs.
- Communicates effectively and tailors communications appropriately to different audiences.
- Builds knowledge and understanding of the specified area and works with internal/external resources to build confidence in partners and build own abilities within area of responsibility.
- Mentors less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View] .
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High school / GED and at least 4 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in the Walgreens' MARP program OR a Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High school / GED and at least 6 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience digesting/interpreting diverse data sets, connecting the analytical dots across the tools, and crafting a compelling, data-driven story.
- Experience working on continuous, attitudinal, brand tracking studies.
- Working knowledge of advertising copy-testing methodologies.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.