What you'll do...
Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
Forecast and follow up on staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results.
Manage assigned financial aspects by monitoring and tracking expenses compared to budget; monitoring asset utilization; and preparing, reviewing, and/or analyzing business reports.
Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives by developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
Identify and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
Supervise and manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates, leaders and managers.
Oversees maintenance department daily operations by monitoring and driving department performance related to maintaining warehouse equipment (e.g., material handling equipment, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, air compressors, ammonia refrigeration equipment, general building repairs); and monitoring and ensuring associate compliance with state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, Hazardous Waste, NFPA, Storm Water, DOT, etc.) relating to maintenance operations.
Oversee and direct financial aspects as assigned and/or in area of responsibility by monitoring and tracking expenses and capital expenditures compared to budget; monitoring asset utilization; and preparing, reviewing, and/or analyzing business reports.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field; and 1 year experience in an industrial maintenance environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR Associate's Degree or technical school certification in a related field (e.g., welding, refrigeration, electrical, electronics) and 1 year experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees in a maintenance department OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Maintenance Area Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates OR 3 years supervisory or managerial experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload, analyzing financial/operational data; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees in a maintenance/industrial-related environment
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Facility Maintenance, Financial Modeling and Analysis, Managing challenging workforce issues, Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Modeling/Forecasting, Preparing and executing budgets, Profit and Loss (P&L) Accountability, Project Management, Recruiting, Supervising Associates, Talent Development, Walmart Logistics Manager, Walmart Logistics Systems
Associates, Bachelors: Business, Bachelors: Finance, Bachelors: Logistics, Bachelors: Management, Bachelors: Operations Management
4880 WHEATLEYS POND ROAD, SMYRNA, DE 19977-3799, United States of America