Senior Director, IT Delivery, Merchandising
- Directs and oversees the teams that conduct the overall planning, design, development and run/maintain function of systems and technologies that deliver solutions for the client systems within the designated area of responsibility. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Uses technical knowledge to anticipate and understand the implications of the latest technologies to communicate and evangelize them to appropriate audiences and to integrate these technologies appropriately into products and programs.
- Sets technology and infrastructure performance and service standards. Leads in the acquisition and/or development of new technologies and tools to improve the quality of the users’ experience without compromising service.
- Ensures that investments in technology are appropriate to the developments in the industry and produce satisfactory returns. Adjusts architecture to support changing business directions.
- Accountable for the oversight/direction of client systems within the designated area of responsibility.
- Provides input into the formulation of the strategies of the IT function and based upon prevailing conditions, executes and/or adjusts the approved strategies of the areas of accountability. Outcomes directed and influenced have major impact on the organization’s short- and long-term results, critical customers or partners.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the unit and develops master operational plans.
- Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Develops short- and long-range product and service strategies and plans. Oversees the execution of operating plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Performs as an idea generator, working with others as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise.
- Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Transfers knowledge and collaborates across functional lines and/or across departments. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Directs through directors and managers who mentor, coach and evaluate their responsive teams and develop employees through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of IT experience OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of IT experience.
- Experience leading technology development and building product roadmaps.
- Experience understanding customer's business processes/drivers and informational needs.
- Experience working with business and technical leadership.
- Experience leading technology teams and setting technology direction.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- Experience with Merchandising Systems
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or crossfunctional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience with Walgreens business drivers and technology and how the technology compliments organizational goals