Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Senior Software Engineer (Remote or Hybrid options available)
Why Walgreens? No matter where you are, life at Walgreens is driven by a culture of helping others. From our store aisles and warehouses to our headquarters and technology hub, there’s a spirit of excitement and innovation everywhere you look. A career at Walgreens means joining a company that’s been dedicated to our customers and the communities we serve for over 120 years. And these days, you’ll find that our people are just as passionate, committed and supported as ever before.
There's no better feeling in a job than helping people live more joyful lives through better health in the communities you serve. And that’s why a career at Walgreens feels so good. With plenty of learning and growth opportunities, exciting challenges and talented teams, you’ll have everything you need to see your future in a whole new way.
We want to keep on driving change, and we’re committed to investing even more in DE&I, adding new initiatives, strengthening our nationwide veterans training program and expanding our Business Resource Groups. We’re listening, learning and taking big and bold action to ensure equity and inclusion for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer looking to join our diverse development team and help us take things to the next level. If this is you, keep reading!
We are looking for an experienced, seasoned professional with that will lead in activities for writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the digital solutions, products and programs. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work more than one team. Typically assigned to strategic/complex undertakings that require advanced in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes that impact the work of the assigned team.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Leads the daily work of the project team responsible for writing code and scripts for desired functionality of web-based software, products and programs
- Leads the development of web-based prototypes.
- Materially updates and develops new front-end applications and tools.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for sites, products and programs that have little or no precedent.
- Ensures that software and program defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May allocate and tracks the work of individual contributors. Participates in teaching and training members of work team.
- About Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at[Register to View]
. Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the positions, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-[Register to View]