Senior Accounting Manager
- Responsible for accuracy of the financial statements and management reports for specific business unit or function. Works in partnership with business and accounting management to meet accounting needs of the business.
- Directs and controls the teams’ general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy. Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated to team as well as the business.
- Reviews accounting results. Prepares management reports and presents results to Senior Management.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting policies/procedures. Drives and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting internal and external audits. Works with internal and external audit as needed.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or audit or High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or audit.
- Experience with applicable accounting regulations.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- At least 2 year of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or audit or High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or audit.
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or MBA
- CPA designation.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).