Responsible for providing financial expertise, business support and oversight for a designated business area to assist in achieving key objectives. Guides management on financial-related matters and decisions. Manages daily financial inquiries for a designated business area. Contributes to the development and execution of business team priorities by participating in joint issue identification, analysis, and resolution.
- Partners with business management to maintain a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the assigned area, specific business processes and priorities, and future strategic direction of the assigned area.
- Collaborates with business management and support teams to ensure strong execution, delivery of customer value and positive business results.
- Develops and fosters a cross-functional team approach, providing financial management support to all levels of the business team.
- Leads the preparation of the financial forecasts and budgets, including the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities; involves facilitating the negotiation and agreement of key operational metrics and inputs.
- Performs periodic analyses of variances as compared to plan, forecast and prior periods. Prepares presentations and documentation of budget and forecast information.
- Addresses issues with appropriate teams to develop plan of action. Identifies opportunities to improve processes and practices. Works with business and functional teams to develop consistent management reporting and processes.
- Supports monthly reviews and periodic business planning sessions. Involves evaluating financial and operational results, monitoring data and contributing to the development of key initiatives.
- Identifies and analyzes various investments and substantiates rationale for projects through business case developments.
- Directly manages team members including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work, and manages teams indirectly across client and operational organizations (including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of the team).
- Participates in medium term and strategic planning for the assigned business area.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- At least 2 years of experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve issues and problems.
- At least 2 years of experience in applying analytics principles (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Business Management, Economics or Finance).
- At least 2 years of experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience working as the financial liaison on a business team.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 1 year of experience of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree or MBA