Beauty Area Expert
- Maximizes beauty and personal care sales within an assigned territory, providing support to District Managers and Store Managers, and oversight of in store programs.
- Educates and coaches District Managers, Store Managers, and Beauty Consultants on beauty product knowledge, selling techniques, services, events and offerings. Trains beauty consultant on cosmetic artistry techniques and skincare consultations with an emphasis on customer engagement.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in latest beauty trends, product offerings and techniques, has a passion for beauty, provides inspirational beauty knowledge and know-how.
- Supports District Managers and Store Managers in building a team of successful beauty consultants through coaching, training and development.
- Customer Experience
- Serves as a beauty change agent, champion, and advocate for both customers and stores.
- Motivates and engages beauty team members with sales training, advocates in store customer experience, provides appropriate feedback. Models and shares customer care best practices.
- Serves as liaison to the support office, beauty consultants, and field leadership.
- Provides knowledge and shares best practices with District Managers, Store Managers and Beauty Consultants regarding implementing and activating in-store beauty events. Motivates and engages with team members on the floor providing sales coaching, appropriate feedback and modeling the desired behavior.
- Working through District and Store Management, actively seeks opportunities to stretch and exceed performance and targets. Demonstrates business savvy and provides selling solutions and a plan of action to support the beauty team in achieving targets.
- Drives sales and fosters growth of our beauty personnel by training brand knowledge, application techniques and skin care best practices, including facilitation of certification of devices (i.e. Matchmade, Hydrometer, tablet, etc.)
- Supports and drives sales of Prestige Beauty products in applicable stores.
- Collaborates and communicates with support office and field leadership on wins, opportunities for program improvement and knowledge sharing.
- Understands local competitor dynamics and communicates new findings to leadership as needed.
- Understands differences in customer demographics and preferences when providing coaching and training to beauty team members.
- Works with district, area leadership, and support office to setup group training sessions and accommodations while adhering to approved training budgets.
- Monitors and supports store performance by working alongside field leadership by providing them with sales trends, performance goals, and general guidance.
- Provides input on the hiring decisions for beauty team members as needed.
- Provides feedback to store managers and district managers on department and promotional visual activity standards as needed.
- Conducts weekly information sessions with field leadership to review trends, identify the wins and opportunity, and to discuss business and talent development opportunities and successes. Align on store priorities for the week.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments as assigned.
- Training & Personal Development:
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, maintaining awareness of beauty trends, learning from others, and improving job performance.
- Maintains professional appearance and image in compliance with company guidelines at all times.
- Attends and participates in meetings, seminars, and other knowledge and business-driving developmental opportunities. Shares knowledge and insight with store beauty team members.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of retail experience (including sales, merchandising, purchasing and/or store management) OR High School diploma/GED and at least seven years of retail (sales, merchandising, purchasing and/or store management).
- At least one year of experience developing and administering training to a minimum of ten employees within the beauty or cosmetic industry.
- At least one year of experience launching innovative programs at a store or area level.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience demonstrating makeup application and providing makeovers to customers.
- Experience in developing ways to accomplish goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience tracking, meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Basic level PC/tablet skills.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico).
- Licensure in Cosmetology or as an Esthetician as granted by appropriate state licensing authority.
- At least three years of experience selling premium or prestige beauty or cosmetic products.