VP, Data Governance Technology & Innovation
Job Classification:Project Mgmt, Transformation & Strategy - Project Mgmt, Transformation & Strategy
Imagine yourself as senior leader and technology and innovation product owner within the Data Governance organization where your passion for data, technology, and collaboration with others with that same interest and passion will help to ensure the company is enabled to make smart business decisions using rich and deep data assets that span our entire enterprise. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence the future of Prudential through helping to manage and improve the governance and quality of our data. Your expertise and knowledge will never go wasted as we maximize our investment in our employees to perform complex analysis, tell compelling stories, achieve business and customer impact, and deploy creative technology-based solutions.
The main purpose of this role is help pursue “what is possible” and to assist the data governance team in the formation and execution of an innovative, robust, scalable, and sustainable data governance and data quality framework, tools, policies, and standards that lend to an improved data foundation that will:
• Embrace and deploy best-in-class technologies and automation to support the Data Governance Strategy
• Increase the value and use of data for employees, customers, and our business
• Increase confidence and consistency in the quality of data
• Eliminate or minimize re-work
• Minimize the risk of regulatory/compliance failures
• Optimize effectiveness and efficiency in data access and utilization
• Continually enhance controls in the support of data security and privacy
• Responsible to build strategic and technical capabilities to enable an end-to-end data governance, data quality, and master data management strategies, including solutions for: GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations
• Co-Design data governance, data quality, and master data management processes and workflows supported by technology and innovation to operationalize data governance, data quality and overall risk mitigation
• Collaborate with Data Governance, IT teams, and business to integrate data governance and master data management workflow automations in existing and future cloud-based data, AI and ML platforms
• Collaborate with Data Governance, other IT teams, and business Leadership to implement scalable tech-based data quality rules and scorecards that facilitates ongoing automation
• Coordinate the implementation of data governance and quality monitoring tools
• Recommend new systems that support overall data governance (data quality, data management, master data management) objectives where necessary
• Promote data governance and quality literacy across the enterprise
• Promote data governance and quality at the design process
• Experience with designing, delivering, or supporting solutions in the data management space (support to data management, data privacy, data quality, master data management, support to compliance risk mitigation, AI/ML models governance)
• Experience with more than one data cataloguing, data governance, data quality, data privacy and master data management (Informatica, Atacama, Collibra, Global Ids, Big Id, etc)
• Experience with at least one or more public clouds (AWS preferred)
• Excellent documentation skills to define workflows, procedures, technical concepts, etc.
• Strong business process modeling and data modeling skills
• Strong data analysis skills and ability to analyze simple, medium, and complex sources of data
• Demonstratable experience in identifying and implementing innovative solutions that allow for improvements in automation, decision making, data analysis, etc.
• Familiarity with database design, integration, architecture, and performance practices
• Experience in programming languages (ex. Python, R, Java, Scala, Spark)
• Experience with SQL and Big Data Platforms (ex. Snowflake, Hadoop, etc)
• Exposure/Experience in agile development and testing processes.
• Demonstrable experience in effective verbal and written communications, and interaction with internal and external customers at all levels
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to improve adoption of new data governance and data quality technologies and processes
• Proven data governance, data science, or data engineering experience
• Proven hands-on experience as a Technical Leader on data quality and governance
• Experience with development and deployment of data management processes
• Team player, ability to work in a global environment
• Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, presentation, and customer service skills
• Proactive, great attention to detail, and results-oriented problem solver
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.