Manager II, Advanced Analytics - Payment Strategy and Operations
- Buildi statistical and analytical algorithms to validate the accuracy of partner payment settlements using complex data on sales, returns, chargebacks, taxes, commissions, and payment history etc.
- Define and proactively monitor financial and operational metrics to drive operational excellence, improve seller experience and help reduce payment friction. Build/ Refine Dashboards and Monitor payment, risk and dispute trends.
- Work directly with product, operations, and other business partners on key processes to create efficiency, reduce errors/escalations and help marketplace seller payments scale. Identify opportunities for simplification and automation.
- Build quantitative measurements to assess Operational performance and seller resolution experience. Identify and lead initiatives to improve key metrics.
- Manage and execute settlement actions such as payment holds, payment reserves and seller suspensions using data-driven risk models & rules.
- Analyze large and complex Marketplace data to identify anomalies and devise strategies for settlements, commissions and tax optimization; design, test and simulate business rules and models before impacting in production.
- Support optimization and iteration of risk management strategies using internal data and external third-party data using advanced analytical tools
- Support seller programs which impact Payment Operations including aspects of business/product requirements, underwriting, seller experience, marketing campaigns and legal requirements.
- Work with internal as well as external payment providers to enhance existing payout experience, improve tax compliance and risk mitigation
- Partner with the Operations and Business teams to drive operational excellence across the organization, creating systems and processes to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, transparency, and a positive culture
- Serve as primary liaison between L1/L2 support teams and business to ensure successful implementation and tracking of projects
- Lead special projects as assigned; work to identify, execute, and drive projects with internal stake holders to improve the Sellers Payments Experience.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You are a storyteller using data
You have experience solving new problems - digging in and finding answers
- You're familiar with industry/category trends and ecommerce markets
- You have experience working in multiple business areas / functions / segments
- You have a strong understanding of statistics with applied experience on analyzing large data sets
- You can collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You have strong skills in Python, R, SQL, and Hive queries
- You have hands on experience with data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau, R Shiny, and/or Looker
- You can work effectively with internal stakeholders, including data scientists and data engineers
- You are curious, proactive, and comfortable working in unstructured environments
- Ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional team and great communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field and 5+ years' experience in Business Analytics and Operations management OR Master's degree in Business, Finance or related field and 2+ years' experience in Business Analytics and Operations management
- 2+ years of e-commerce industry working experience preferred with an understanding of operational and performance based KPIs.
- 2+ years of industry experience preferably in Payments, Financial Services, Tax, Compliance, or similar space is optional
- Strong business communication skills, both written and verbal; with ability to communicate / present to internal teams, also ability to express complex technical topics clearly & easily.
- Proficient in programming languages (Python or R), and solid knowledge of SQL and relational databases (for example Hive, Big Query).
Ability to thrive in ambiguity and often lack of clarity, demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America