2023 Full Time: WE22 Campus Innovation & Automation, Full-Time (Automation Engineer/Product Manager)
- Process Flow Design: you will interpret information to quantify the anticipate outcome of supply chain decisions, including describing typical tasks with using and managing suppliers, understanding issues for inbound and outbound logistics, and describe basic logistical processes using a variety of business process design tools and techniques
- Operational Excellence: you will explain operational functions and key functional roles, clarify the role of each department or unit, and describe the interdependence of support functions
- Engineering Economics: you will describe the concepts behind engineering economics and implications of financial data, understand cost drivers, identify major types of financial data utilized by the organization, and explain how it is assessed and used in engineering
- Project Management: you will plan and estimate simple projects under guidance and produce standard project status reports, obtain information from stakeholders during the planning process, and assist in detailed project plans - including costs, schedules, and resource requirements
- Continuous Improvement: you will define the critical workflow for executing key processes, identify process problems that limit performance, focus on the most significant problems, and surface significant problems to maximize efficiency gains. You will also implement methods of Continuous Improvement methodologies, such as Lean, Six Sigma, or Kaizen
- Automation System Design: you will promote the usage of automation machineries, participate in implementation and training, conduct cost-benefit analyses of machineries, and monitor actual versus planned
- Automation Integration: you will combine knowledge of automation/system design and learning from previous implementations into a road map, guiding in resolving integration issues and proposing alternatives to a system or technology integration initiative
- Mechatronics: you will create views of objects in 2 and 3 dimensions, create perspective drawings and orthogonal views, use design and visualization for basic drafting, and participate in projects that modify existing electrical systems, equipment, and components - including designing, testing, implementing, monitoring, and repairing mechanical components
- Data and Digital Literacy: you will leverage data analysis tools (Alteryx, Dataiku, Tableau Prep, Looker, etc.) and use SQL to communicate with different databases to explore moderately complex data, develop and test hypotheses, and use data to influence strategic work
- Advanced Analytics: you will apply data analysis and data modeling techniques to establish, modify, and maintain data structures and associated components and apply specific computing languages and tools in machine learning (R, Python, XGBoost, etc.)
What you'll bring...
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Classwork/previous internships within Engineering or Supply Chain related fields
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence effectively - confidence, credibility, and concise, organized thoughts
- The ability to partner and collaborate while establishing credibility, analyzing stakeholder needs, and responding effectively and efficiently
- Demonstratable business acumen and ownership of project activity
You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
- Experience with automation execution and design
- Experience with MHE vendor documentation and management
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI), Data Modeling and Data Science Tools
- SQL skills and a strong understanding of database management
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong cross-functional team collaboration
Benefits & Perks
Full-time: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Intern: Paid relocation, paid Summer housing, and a paid internship experience of course. 2 days of PTO and much more!
Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy, and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 1 years' experience in product management, project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related field OR 3 years' experience in project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related fields.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America