What you'll do...
Monitors dairy plant production processes (for example, milk receiving, separation, standardization, pasteurization, batching), by following Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs); ensuring all paperwork is accurate; verifying all charts including frequency pen, cut in/cut out temperatures and product recording temperatures; troubleshooting and resolving basic to moderate operating difficulties; and communicating any problems or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production or food safety concerns to management.
Follows required safety practices by observing confined space safety guidelines; wearing all required personal protection equipment in designated areas; ensuring safe chemical handling and fall restraints are monitored; maintaining sanitation of equipment, CIP and hand cleaning; and reporting safety concerns or issues to leadership.
Supports Continuous Improvement throughout the plant by maintaining process data and equipment performance data to improve quality and throughput; operating and cleaning equipment to maximize throughput and minimize downtime; communicating mechanical and operational issues; operating equipment at recommended speeds; and monitoring fats, total solids, allergens, and cryoscopes as they associate with processing dairy products to ensure quality and efficiencies are met. Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback. Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications:1 year's experience in a distribution or production environment (for example, logistics supply chain, dairy plant, food processing, or manufacturing).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Continuous Improvement, Distribution, Food - Dairy Processing, Food - Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Manufacturing, Six Sigma
2150 W PLEASANT CENTER ROAD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46819-0000, United States of America