- Represent the company in healthcare quality and patient engagement by delivering exceptional customer service through all patient interactions; maintaining and updating patient information in electronic medical record (EMR) systems and other relevant health information technology (IT) systems; assisting clinic administration and staff on best practices and procedures; ensuring adherence to state, local, and federal healthcare regulations and company guidelines; supporting the execution of patient quality care programs; supporting the development and promotion of clinical practice; performing administrative tasks for the clinic as necessary; and working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure overall coordinated and integrated patient care experience and high quality customer service.
- Provide evidence-based medical care to ensure patient's health and well-being by recommending and prescribing medications and other treatment options using evidence-based care guidelines; delivering basic clinical care; educating patients and recommending appropriate patient follow up; consulting with collaborating physicians, nurse practitioners, and other health professionals to prepare and coordinate patient care plans; providing patients with referrals; and following up with patient and other health professionals regarding any outstanding diagnostics, tests, or other patient information as needed.
- Evaluate patients' health condition across and within the company scope of service (for example, preventive care, acute care, basic chronic conditions) to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment by reviewing complete patient medical history information and performing comprehensive physical examinations; identifying and assessing patients' health care needs and issues; suggesting, ordering, interpreting, and assessing diagnostic tests; developing treatment plans based on patients' clinical presentation using evidence-based care guidelines and patient preferences; referring patients with medical conditions outside of company services to appropriate community providers; and ensuring timely and complete documentation of patient history, physical, assessment, and treatment plan.
- Master's degree from a physician assistant educational program accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Valid National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification
- 2 years' experience as a physician assistant in a primary and/or urgent care setting
- Eligible for enrollment as a Medicare and Medicaid provider in state of practice
- Certified prescriptive authority per state practice requirements
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
About Walmart Health
Walmart is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. To expand on this commitment, we launched Walmart Health to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local customers, regardless of insurance status.
The customer is at the heart of all we do. We are focused on the needs of the patient and customer. We are partnering with several on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, dental, optical and hearing services all in one facility.
By continuing with this process, you understand that you are not applying for a position of employment with Walmart Inc. or any entity owned by Walmart Inc. Nothing in the documents or information presented during this process is intended to create, now or in the future, an employment relationship with Walmart Inc. or any entity owned by Walmart Inc. To the extent any of the documents or information presented during this process implies that you are applying for a position of employment with Walmart Inc. or an entity owned by Walmart Inc., you expressly disclaim such understanding by continuing with this process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
2100 NO. 62ND ST., FORT SMITH, AR 72904-5163, United States of America