Manager, USFA Planning & Analysis/Reporting (Hybrid/Virtual)
Job Classification:Finance & Accounting - Finance & AccountingOur Business or Function:
The new USB Finance & Analytics (USFA) team is responsible for centralized Planning & Analysis for all U.S. Businesses: Retirement Strategies (the new combined Retirement and Annuities business), Group Insurance, Individual Life and PGIM. USFA is responsible for all forecasting, budgeting, driver analysis, GAAP and Stat financial analysis as well as the production of management reporting materials and analytics. The purpose of the USFA team is to provide insight into each business’ financial performance and support business decision making, at the Business Unit as well as Corporate level.
Associates will get “best of both worlds” i.e. close integration with Business Units as well as best practices + shared infrastructure from a state-of-the-art FP&A organization. Associates will be co-located with the Business Unit Finance teams. At the same time, they will be able to collaborate with their USFA peers in dedicated collaboration space. Associates should expect to develop expertise in FP&A, data analytics, financial statement analysis, and learn business strategy, product and channel fundamentals of each Prudential business.
USB Finance & Analytics team currently has an opening for a Manager, Retirement Strategies Financial Planning & Analysis. You will be a part of the USFA as well as embedded with Retirement Strategies BU Retained Finance teams.
Your role on this team will be to support senior management and other business partners in measuring and evaluating the financial performance of the business, forecasting income statement and balance sheet under various scenarios, data analytics, analysis of key business drivers, assessing the potential impact of opportunities and risks, management reporting of financial results, and evaluating strategic initiatives.
You are a highly motivated, team oriented finance professional who will thrive in a fast paced environment and relish opportunities that play key roles in varied assignments, shifting priorities as necessary to meet the organization’s needs. You are able to clearly and concisely communicate with finance and business colleagues at all levels. You are eager to bring new ideas that improve various FP&A processes, add to best practices, and challenge the status quo. You will function within and foster the advancement of our high performing team, which values both diversity and inclusion. You are committed to personal growth, eager to learn, and strive to make continuous improvements.
- Lead a team of finance professionals with a strong focus on talent development
- Forecasting multi-year financial results on a GAAP and Statutory basis and producing insightful analytics
- Partnering with capital management team for forecasting of multi-year Required Capital
- Developing profitability, source of earnings analysis by products and distribution channels
- Creating and presenting actual and forecasted financial results to business unit and Corporate leaders, highlighting pertinent trends and key business drivers
- Develop enhancements and efficiencies to key processes and workflows
- Understanding key business drivers and their impact to the forecast process
- Supporting segment / product line income and capital allocations
- Support assessment of strategic initiatives and other ad-hoc projects
- Partner with internal business and corporate areas including but not limited to actuarial, pricing, sales, Corporate Reporting, GAAP & statutory reporting and Capital Management
Your Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis, financial reporting, expense management, or related experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Agile and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands
- Ability to understand business fundamentals and business strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to develop insightful presentations
- Ability to work across teams and collaborate with others to drive execution
- Ability to identify opportunities to better leverage existing and emerging technologies to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively
- Proven ability to analyze data and the underlying drivers of financial results
- Advanced excel knowledge
Your Desired Skills:
- GAAP and Statutory reporting and analysis experience in the insurance industry
- Advanced degree and/or relevant certification (MBA, CPA, or CFA) is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
Role is based in Newark, NJ, but there is flexibility on your geographical location; and there is an ability for hybrid work arrangement.
*Note: Prudential is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. Salary range specific to Colorado: $118,800-$160,700 USD Annual + discretionary incentive bonus + benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.