(USA) Manager II, Supply Chain Management - Capacity Management
- Leadership: Help build a stellar team by leading team meetings, speaking to industry trends, managing carrier relationships, and building the framework of our new US capacity team.
- Relationships: Help improve truckload capacity across the US by leveraging partnerships.
- Transportation Operations: Support associates through operational challenges.
- Continuous Improvement: Implement ideas for process improvement for the group by leveraging lean principles, time studies, and collaborative efforts with operations teams.
- Analytics: Be able to do in-depth investigation of key drivers of transportation challenges. Work with large datasets and conduct ad hoc analysis to make good business decisions.
What you'll do:
- Run lane analysis to ensure collect lanes have sufficient capacity to support the everchanging/growing network
- Improve the capacity management team by working alongside peer groups in load recovery efforts to maintain good service but also controls cost and support relationship building
- Implement supply chain flow process improvement efforts by contributing to the design, development, and delivery of new ways of working and ensure load assignments are on track
- Create workflows that joins both internal & external data and provide visibility into market trends and spot pricing for all regions of the US
- Collaborate with internal members to develop carrier strategy to diversify current portfolio and broaden the scope of asset carriers we utilize
Candidate must have:
- Leadership experience (+2yrs)
- A background in freight brokerage operations (+2yrs)
- Experience with carrier procurement and/or development (+2yrs)
- Be a problem solver and enjoy planning for the future
- Be customer-centric and enjoy building relationships
- Able to learn and adapt quickly and handle multiple projects at one time
- Excellent time management skills
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 2 years' experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area OR 4 years' experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area. 2 years' experience with Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Fleet management, dispatch, or network analysis, Retail Logistics Operations
Masters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply Chain
Six Sigma - Certification
311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America