Industrial Engineering Manager - Supply Chain (Seymour, IN)
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational work processes within the Distribution Center (for example, loss profiles, process improvement mindsets, practical experience).
- Creates strategic leadership partnerships with the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and Process Improvement Manager to drive end-to end improvements in the Distribution Center.
- Manages workloads of Process & Quality Engineers to create an appropriate balance between network-driven projects and building specific improvements.
- Applies continuous improvement tools (for example, Root Cause Analysis, Time and Motion Studies, Statistical Process Control, Process Deviation, 5S, Six-Sigma) to eliminate losses while creating standards to sustain process improvements.
- Supports the Walmart Performance System in the building by engaging leaders and demonstrating program effectiveness through problem-solving skills and process improvement thinking Supports the Daily Management System review and response process at various levels through root cause analysis and counter measure implementation.
- Collaborates in network "One Best Way" standard implementation and deviation process
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 4 years' experience in Continuous Improvement work or related area and 4 years' experience leading large teams
Knowledge and application of a functioning Quality Management System elements (for example, Statistical Process Control, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Quality Key Performance Indicators)
Demonstrated project ownership resulting in sustainable, long term savings
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Conducting work measurement, predetermined time systems, and related analysis
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering
2100 E TIPTON ST, SEYMOUR, IN 47274-3570, United States of America