Store Engineering Manager- Civil & Environmental- Remote
- Continuously improves processes and works with internal and external business partners to value engineers in order to optimize total cost of ownership.
- Works cross-functionally both within and outside the division, working in small teams to decrease total cost of ownership for the Company while accomplishing internal goals and delivering on results
- Subject matter expert in the negotiation consultant contracts and lead teams of licensed building design professionals retained for the development of the Company Unified Design Standards.
- Creates and maintains Company Unified Design Standards, which is comprised of Design Guidelines, Brand Guidelines, Architecture and Engineering Standards, Building Criteria, Specifications, and Technical Manuals.
- Responsible for applying value engineering principals to lifecycle costs and occupancy costs through our Company Unified Design Standards.
- Reports on progress and uses analytics lessons learned, and best practices from prior projects to re-inject learning's into the Company Unified Design Standards.
- Subject Matter Expert in the stated discipline supporting current technical needs & requirements to the overall development program assuring best in class design.
- Brings deep understanding & innovation to future enhancements within stated discipline and expertise.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View] .
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management and/or Engineering OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management and/or Engineering group.
- At least 3 years of experience managing and working with construction and engineering practices including budgeting, estimating and scheduling.
- At least 3 years of experience working with construction plans and specifications.
- At least 3 years of experience working with engineering/site plan design, including items such as cost and quality control, material/equipment installation, bidding practices, material and labor costs.
- Experience with CAD Software.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience in retail/ healthcare industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering or Related Field
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit