Innovation Manager, Market Research & Insights
Designs, executes, and analyzes world class research and recommends solutions to support and uphold the corporate vision of “improving our communities’ health and wellbeing”. Creates actionable insights based on data and sound analysis Acts as a key team member to ensure the customer voice is represented. Leverages work to uncover insights and collaborates with key cross functional partners in Merchandising, Marketing and Pharmacy to influence strategy. Recommends communications, programs, and services to improve business initiatives.
- Partners with cross functional partners and is the main point of contact on project teams in supporting business initiatives.
- Designs learning plans to drive consumer led insights and innovation for all divisions by leveraging comprehensive suite of tools.
- Partners with Insights team to provide comprehensive view into customers.
- As a thought leader, consults on strategic initiatives through holistic application of insights.
- Leads consumer insights to drive growth.
- Manages consistent and quality deliverables of market research leveraging a wide range of methods and appropriate sampling techniques.
- Manages custom research with external vendors on projects such as Brand Positioning and Messaging, Concept, Product testing and Pilot Evaluations.
- Synthesizes multiple sources and disparate data points to provide an actionable and integrated consumer story for key stakeholders.
- Shares and embeds understanding of consumer within Marketing, Merchant and Operation teams, up through management levels by turning complex data into actionable insights, making strong recommendations to guide interpretation of results and ensuring learnings are leveraged throughout the planning and execution phases.
- Provides high quality support to business partners by guiding interpretation of market research results and advocating for the customer as action plans are designed.
- Develops and strengthens existing vendor partnerships, and continually explores new partnerships and methods to stay on cutting edge of research.
- Provides guidance, direction, coaching, and counseling to a team of researchers. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes builds and maintains employee morale and motivation ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Research, Analytics, Business or related field with two years of experience in market research, OR a High School diploma with five years of experience in market research.
- Experience leading a variety of quantitative and qualitative market research methods such as A&U, Segmentation, conjoint, focus groups, shop alongs, ethnographic work, Brand Health Tracking and Voice of the Customer programs.
- Experience integrating insights from multiple data sources and weave into an integrated insights story.
- Experience extracting insights from secondary data sources such as Mintel, Euromonitor, etc. and integrating into primary research.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with all levels of the business, both by formal and informal communication.
- At least 1 year of direct leadership, indirect leadership and or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel at least 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Eight to ten years experience with market research.
- Healthcare or Retail experience.
- Innovation and proposition development validation.
- Experience with Digital Research.
- Experience working in a dynamic, multi disciplined environment juggling multiple projects with different priorities.
- Strong sense of curiosity coupled with exceptional sense of initiative and drive to get things done with excellence.