Associate Infrastructure Developer
Job Classification:Technology - Engineering & Cloud
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Our team is part of an agile thinking, customer driven solutions environment across every area of the company. We are made up of diverse, dynamic thinking, and highly skilled professionals. We partner with other Global Technology teams to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability, and efficiency.
We support employees worldwide within Prudential’s infrastructure, including IT desktops, laptops, and application support, both for vendor and internally designed applications. We provide build, deployment, and support operating systems for a broad base of Prudential businesses. We are looking for candidates with exceptional technical, communication and interpersonal skills to support technology related questions and issues, including virtual desktops, and managed print to mobile devices.
The candidates will be expected to showcase a continuously learning mindset, adopt contemporary techniques, and utilize their experience to assist with the transformation creating positive outcomes. As we continue to transform and improve the experiences of our existing customers and business partners, we also aspire to attract and retain top talent as well as maintain our top-tier, rock-solid IT marketplace reputation. If you enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have a passion for software, hardware, troubleshooting and implementing solutions, this is the place for you.
- Provides technical support for a global technology help desk.
- Responsible for resolving incoming incidents delivered to the helpdesk and managing escalated cases.
- Responds to a variety of technical issues from incoming incidents and requests escalated by other help desk staff.
- Provides technical guidance and consults with vendors and other product teams to identify and resolve complex client problems.
- Alerts clients and team members when a major problem is suspected.
- Performs recovery testing to confirm availability of systems where outages have occurred.
- Documents and tracks status of client inquiries, coordinates appropriate response and follows up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Participates in the analysis of client identified issues or problems which may require changes to department procedures, standards or systems.
- Evaluates effectiveness of new utilities and tools.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum experience of 2 years or equivalent in the line of work.
- Knowledgeable in Service Now as incident management system.
- Experienced in supporting Windows laptops and desktops, Macintosh computers, mobile phones and tablets.
- Solid understanding of VDI and application virtualization.
- Good working knowledge on Office 365 products.
- Understand how to use appropriate tools and dashboards for problem resolution (Aternity, Splunk, Powershell, etc.)
- Very strong customer service skills.
- Great verbal & written communication.
- Proven experience in technical support.
- Established experience in diagnosing and resolving technical problems.
- Occasional off-hours or weekend work will be required for supporting projects and initiatives.
#LI-IM1Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $58,700.00 to $87,500.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.