Senior Technical Product Owner
Job Classification:Technology - Project Mgmt/Business Analysis
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability, and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
The Asset and Financial Management Integration Services journey provides world class technology solutions for internal customers across Prudential. The vision for this journey is to increase automated integrations to streamline operations and enhance democratization of data for our clients using a modern, cost-effective technology stack. This is a hands-on position providing the opportunity to leverage your technology and teamwork skills to deliver value and become a trusted partner for the clients we support. You will work on interesting projects from all across Prudential’s business lines and corporate functions, providing a robust breadth of experience for professional growth.
- Work closely with the development team, technology specialists and business partners to solve complex integration technology challenges and deliver value to our customers
- Lead backlog refinement, prioritization, and requirement clarification efforts.
- Develop expert level technical knowledge of the systems and services our team is responsible for. Roll up the sleeves as needed!
- Work with tech lead to set an ambitious and clear product vision and roadmap, making certain customer and stakeholder needs are properly represented in our efforts.
- Ensure alignment of product features and stories to the product roadmap, prioritizing user stories based on stakeholder and constituent feedback.
- Ensure all deliveries meet the highest standards for sound technical design, clean code and proper testing
- Invest in yourself through continuous learning and improvement.
Problem Solver: You are excited to take on difficult challenges. When faced with barriers you look for ways over, through or around them. You are excited to teach others what you have learned.
Team Player: You understand how being part of a talented, highly motivated team that is supportive of one another is a true competitive advantage. You strive to create a positive environment that embraces diversity and encourages all members to be fully engaged.
Customer Centric: Delivering the highest value for clients is always a top priority. You are empathetic to customer concerns and excited to work closely with them to meet their needs.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: You take ownership of your work and see it through to completion. You challenge the way things are done in a constructive way and help evolve our approach over time. You are comfortable taking measured risks and not afraid of failure.
Integrity: Moral and ethical principles are important to you. You do what you say and say what you do.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on technology experience with either Java, Python or both.
- Experience delivering in an agile environment, preferably in a Product owner or Tech Lead role. Kanban experience a plus.
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following AWS services: S3, Lambda, Glue, Step Functions, SQS
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as Airflow, Informatica or similar a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.