Associate Manager, Financial Reporting (hybrid)
Job Classification:Finance & Accounting - Finance & Accounting
Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI) is a multi-national financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
As part of the Corporate Controllers Department and the CFO Organization of PFI, the Finance Shared Services organization is responsible for the controllership activities in support of the U.S. business units including the International activities performed domestically. The Financial Reporting team supports GAAP reporting across multiple legal entities, including subsidiary financial statements, disclosures, analysis, various regulatory filing submissions, and internal and external audit support. The team partners with Business Unit Finance areas, PGIM Controllers and individual PGIM Businesses, Investment Operations teams and other corporate areas.
The Associate Manager will primarily focus on the execution of various subsidiary financial statements, disclosures, and regulatory filings, while gaining exposure to the company’s PGIM (Asset Management) business, as well as GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Coordinate preparation of various PGIM subsidiary financial statements and disclosures, legal entity financial statement driver analysis, while ensuring the control, timeliness, and accuracy of the financial statements
- Prepare, review, and analyze reporting data in support of multiple disclosures for inclusion in PFI 10-K/Q and subsidiary financial statements
- Partner with PGIM Controller & Business Unit Finance teams, Corporate areas and other internal business partners on accounting and reporting matters
- Coordinate compilation of stand-alone audited financial statements and footnote preparation (including collaboration with external auditors and several internal support teams) which are filed with domestic regulators, &/or used for client purposes.
- Integrate new investment related subsidiaries and/or acquisitions into existing reporting processes
- Assist with the implementation of new or updated GAAP accounting guidance
- Continuously identify efficiencies and improve effectiveness by implementing best practices
- Perform oversight of staff including third-party service provider (EXL)
- Support annual PFI-wide audits by internal or external auditors
- Ensure adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Participate or lead special projects and initiatives
- Fulfill ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests
- 4 – 6 years of financial reporting and analysis experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed and proactive
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and effectively prioritize – Note: Overtime expected during peak reporting periods
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and partner on various assignments
Nice to Have
- CPA or MBA
- Investment accounting or reporting experience
- Experience with Prudential Financial systems (Oracle, Essbase, GAAP Supplementals)and/or Workiva
- Experience working in matrixed teams
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.