Are you someone that thrives in fast-paced environments, and has a strong sales background? Our Membership Representative is a salaried role for Sam's Club, and we are looking for friendly faces with a passion to teach and train the associates at the registers, self-check outs, club pick up and more! You will play a major part in engaging our current members to utilize their available benefits, as well as developing our business to business relationships to grow membership. The pace can be really fast, especially in the evenings, on weekends, and during a holiday season. There will be times when you have to juggle several tasks in a short amount of time while helping members: visiting businesses, teaching and training, and supporting company events-you get the idea! It's hard work, but our associates find it rewarding, especially since they're a part of a large team with a common goal: happy, satisfied members.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
• You thrive in fast-paced environments
• You're a multi-tasker at heart
• You enjoy teaching and training your peers and associates on selling practices,
communicating goals and providing feedback consistently
• You have successful leadership qualities with experience in directing sales teams to
exceed expectations on results
• You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
• You can stand for long periods of time while assisting members quickly and accurately
• You're a problem solver who tackles obstacles head-on to ensure each task is completed with excellence
You will make an impact by:
• Maintaining a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking members
• Being in a position of positive influence without direct supervision to obtain the best performance of associates and the facility
• Providing exceptional customer service to members across the club as needed, answering
any questions they may have
• Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area while being able to lift carry and place merchandise weighing up to 15lbs.
The Membership Representative role is a great way to start your development path at Sam's Club. Apply now!
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
Drives membership in the assigned club by communicating goals, results, and feedback. Ensures signage is updated. Ensures all marketing collateral
and signage related to membership programs is up to date. Completes and maintains required documentation and forms.
Enables associate-membership engagement by working cross-functionally with members, managers, and associates to identify training gaps and
needs. Ensures training plans and materials are efficient. Provides information on membership benefits. Promotes the value of company products and
services. Teaches associates to process and sell memberships, upgrades, and credit accounts. Communicates relevant information on membership
events, both inside and outside of the club. Assists associates with the proper execution of membership plans to support achieving membership
Directs club membership goals by selling memberships in the field and in the club using various techniques (for example, cold calling, outside
appointments, membership drives). Communicates with current and prospective members. Educates members on membership types, programs, and
benefits. Identifies and matches member or prospective member needs with appropriate membership benefits, services, or product solutions.
Responds to membership questions and concerns. Encourages membership renewals Assists with member account decisions.
Demonstrates exemplary actions and workload execution by modeling and training processes to associates; providing on the job training in the work
area and salesfloor; teaching new technology and tool functionality; delivering new program rollout training; and providing continuous learning and
process improvement opportunities.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders;
supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for
and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and
ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing
business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or related field OR 4 years' experience in sales, retail or related field.
1 year's sales experience in business to business sales.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
3950 MORSE RD, COLUMBUS, OH 43219-3016, United States of America