Director, Public And Government Affairs - Corporate Affairs
- Identifying Walmart's public policy priorities, both in your respective subject matter expertise area(s) and through collaboration in peer-owned areas as well
- Devising appropriate strategic plans to address Walmart's public policy priorities, and work with colleagues to execute through effective tactics
- Informing, advising, and recommending appropriate courses of action to internal business partners related to Walmart's public policy priorities
- Monitoring and analyzing legislation, high-level administrative or regulatory activity, or other government-led initiatives at all levels that could be of potential impact to Walmart, its associates, or its customers
- Building and managing relationships with external trade and industry associations, NGOs, public policy experts, thought leaders, and other stakeholders
- Leveraging stakeholder relationships in the public policy space to advance Walmart's policy priorities and promote a better understanding of Walmart's important role in society
- Engaging in public policy research with internal and external partners
- Building networks across internal business functions to develop accurate and meaningful public policy positions and appropriate responses to external factors
- Collaborating with other team members to create and maintain public policy workstreams and partnerships that benefit Walmart, its associates, and its customers
- Communicating in a crisp, but informative manner in writing, in speaking opportunities, and through dynamic presentations
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You have 8+ years' public policy experience and demonstrated success in government, public or government affairs, and/or related advocacy fields
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in government/political science, economics, international affairs, business, or relevant subject matter fields (see above); advanced degrees preferred
- You have a deep understanding of policymaking processes at the state/local, federal, and/or global level - and how to leverage private sector influence in those processes
- You want to tackle complex public policy problems, and can anticipate them and react quickly when they occur
- You can identify appropriate courses of action in response to complex public policy problems, and then work with teams to implement effective solutions
- You are comfortable directly counseling senior company leaders on policy issues and strategy
- You have experience in working in matrixed environments with an ability to navigate complex organizations and spark collaboration across teams and departments
- You have experience cultivating and managing stakeholder relationships with trust and integrity
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Political Science, or related field and 5 years' experience managing projects or campaigns in politics, public affairs, or related field OR 7 years' experience managing projects or campaigns in politics, public affairs, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Government Relations, Lobbying, Media Relations
701 8TH STREET, NW, SUITE 200, WASHINGTON, DC 20001-3917, United States of America