Fixed Income - Vice President, Systems Development (Hybrid)
Job Classification:Technology - Engineering & Cloud
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. With 950 employees and $790bn assets under management, the company has offices in Newark, London, Letterkenny, Amsterdam, Munich, Zurich, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Our business climate is a safe inclusive environment, centered around mutual respect, intellectual honesty, transparency and teamwork. Our leaders are focused on talent & culture; dedicated to fostering growth & development at all levels to develop the industry leaders of tomorrow.
We are looking for an astute, determined professional like you to fulfill an engineering leadership role as Vice President to lead our investment technology agile team within our Technology Solutions Group. You will showcase your success through collaboration, ownership and innovation. Your expertise in emerging trends and practices will evoke stimulating discussions around optimization and change to help keep our competitive edge. This rewarding opportunity will enable you to make a big impact in our organization, so if this sounds exciting, then PGIM might be the place.
- Partner with the PO to translate the “What” of the Product Vision into the” How” of the Technical Vision.
- Provide solution architecture to applications based on enterprise architecture guidelines.
- Cross team collaboration for technical implementation of the projects.
- Mentors and coaches’ others on technical excellence practices such as TDD, BDD, clean coding practices, test automation standards, API design and publishing, performance optimization and other best practices
- Ensures quality through reviews by performing code reviews
- Ensures agreed standards are adhered to (tools, languages, development and deployment processes)
- Ensure alignment of solutions to enterprise architecture and development practices
- Oversee technical resource work balance to ensure no single points of knowledge
- Lead technical engagement with external vendors as required
- Works in the trenches when required with the delivery team to solve problems
- Ensure right balance of attention to new product and diminishing technical debt
- Continuous Performance Management of the team including 360 feedback
- Develop T-shaped people, with multi-dimensional skills
Your Required Skills:
- 15+ years of experience in building out core financial trading systems in Core Java and/or Python.
- 5+ years of people management experience is a must.
- Cloud experience (Spark/Scala/EC2/Snowflake).
- Asset management (preferably fixed income) experience is required.
- Substantial knowledge in building out applications within bi-weekly Agile sprint regiment.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Agile development methodology & DevOps.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS, with a strong preference for Hadoop.
- Working experience with AWS is required.
- Experience with building microservices using Spring boot framework.
- Experience with one of the messaging frameworks like Kafka, Rabbit-MQ or IBM MQ.
- Experience with one of the caching technologies.
- Experience in building web applications using Angular and other java script libraries.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
- Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential.
The salary range for this role is from $150,000 to $210,000. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills.
Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits.
Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.