(USA) Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse - WM Health - (LPN)
- Ensure the delivery of patient care within scope of practice by collecting patient medical histories, preparing treatment rooms, and assisting medical providers with patient examinations, emergencies, and medical procedures.
- Collect lab specimens (for example, urine, blood) from patients for testing.
- Measure and record vital signs and patient information (for example, pain assessments, pulse rates, temperatures, blood pressures, weights, heights) in patient electronic charts.
- Operate diagnostic equipment (for example, glucometers, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, oxygen equipment) to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Administer medications as ordered by medical provider and as permitted by applicable law/regulation.
- Communicate patient information and concerns to appropriate Health Center staff across all service lines (for example, primary care, dental, optometry) and communicate medical provider instructions to patients.
- Provide administrative support to all service lines within the Health Center by utilizing electronic medical record and practice management systems to complete administrative tasks (for example, patient registration and intake, appointment scheduling, payment transactions).
- Process patient referrals to specialists and demonstrate awareness and communication of billing, insurance, and pricing practices (for example, processing insurance information, ensuring proper coding for patient visits, verifying patient insurance eligibility, collecting appropriate insurance copayment amounts).
- Monitor inventories to order medical and office supplies and materials.
About Walmart Health
Walmart is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. To expand on this commitment, we launched Walmart Health to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local customers, regardless of insurance status.
The customer is at the heart of all we do. We are focused on the needs of the patient and customer. We are partnering with several on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, dental, optical and hearing services all in one facility.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Degree from an approved licensed practical nurse program and current LPN license from the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) in state of practice.
1 year's experience with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding.
Current American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Graduated from an approved licensed practical or vocational nurse program AND hold current LPN or LVN license in the state where you work.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Electronic medical record (EMR) systems, Intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook), Phlebotomy and lab specimen processing, Primary care clinic, community care clinic, family care practice, or retail healthcare clinic
16313 NEW INDEPENDENCE PARKWAY, WINTER GARDEN, FL 34787-0000, United States of America